BeanFest & Championship Outhouse Races
Championship Outhouse Races
October 25-26, 2013
Schedule Of Events
- 11 a.m. Artisans Market on the Square opens
- Noon Live music on the courthouse stage begins
- 4 p.m. Merchants Fashion Show
Courthouse Stage Music
Noon Bluegrass All-Stars
1:00 The Baker Family
2:00 Lick Fork Pickers
3:30 Jeremy Myers
4:00 * Merchants Fashion Show *
5:00 White River Clogging Co. Courthouse Stage Music Lineup
10:30 The Turner Family
11:00 Ozark Rhythm Cloggers
11:30 Ozark Traditions String Band
Noon Jeremy Myers
12:30 * Cake Walk *
1:00 Junior Fulks & Friends
1:30 * Cake Walk *
2:00 KWOZ Talent Contest
- 7 a.m. Bean cookers start fires
- 9:00 Artisans Market on the Square opens
- 10:00 Live music on the courthouse stage begins
- 11:00 Outhouse registration and entry fee deadline Judging begins for the beans and cornbread
- NOON Beans and cornbread served on the courtsquare
- 1 p.m. Parade of outhouses (Main Street)
- 1:15 Judging of Most Original Outhouse & Best Costume
- 1:30 Outhouse Races, Jefferson Street
- 2:00 KWOZ Talent Contest, courthouse stage
Artisans Market on the Square
Featuring fine and functional art and crafts, heritage arts, and folk art
11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Located behind the white picket fence on the north side of Washington Street next to Mountain View Music
Other special events this weekend:
- Ozark Folk Center Harvest Festival – crafts, music and special demonstrations every day at the Ozark Folk Center State Park. Free shuttle bus available to and from the courthouse square.
- Extension Homemakers Quilt Show – Ozark Folk Center administration building. Friday 8-5 and Saturday 8-4. Free admission.
- Arkansas Junior Rodeo Association rodeo – Youth rodeo finals weekend – Saturday at 7:00 p.m. and Sunday at 1 p.m. at the Stone County Saddle Club Arena (county fairgrounds, Park Ave.). $5 admission.
- Music programs on Saturday – impromptu sessions downtown, scheduled shows at area music theaters.
New Entry Forms available:
BeanFest talent show entry form 2013
Artisans Market on the Square (Link to Website)
Beanfest Lodging Availability
The Bean Fest and Championship Outhouse Races festival is the most popular weekend in Mountain View and overnight accommodations require reservations be made well in advance. Much of the lodging in Mountain View is already reserved.
Other fun things to do in Mountain View include shopping with local merchants and crafts vendors, attending music theater shows, and visiting the Ozark Folk Center State Park. The Folk Center will be open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. for visitors to watch crafts demonstrations and listen to traditional music. Free shuttle service will be available from the Ozark Folk Center to the court square from 9 a.m. until 10 p.m. Saturday, and visitors are encouraged to park at the Ozark Folk Center and ride the shuttle downtown.
Blanchard Springs Caverns will also be open for those who love to see underground beauty. For those wanting to experience a refreshing fall day outdoors, The Syllamo Bike Trail and Sylamore Hiking Trail are options, as are excursions on White River, famous for its trout fishing and scenic beauty.
For more information about the event or the Mountain View area call the Mountain View Chamber toll-free at 888-679-2859.